We are delighted to announce an agreement to provide the Ministry Of Justice contract in partnership with The Bigword, all to be announced very soon.
What does this mean for you?
Already one of our linguists?
For valued linguists on our database this gives you a direct ‘in’ to the largest contract in the UK. More appointments, more opportunities to earn money and develop your interpreting career.
Not registered with Debonair Languages?
Are you currently interpreting but not registered with Debonair Languages? Simply click the following link and fill out the relevant information so you too can prosper from this excellent opportunity – Join Us.
What you need to register for Face to Face MOJ appointments?
- Evidence of your linguistic qualifications (Community Interpreting Level and above).
- DBS / DBS Enhanced / BPSS security clearance.
What do we need from you?
Please send an E-mail now to TheMOJrecruitment@debonairlanguages.com with the following information:
- Qualifications and Evidence (Attached certificate)
- Security clearance and evidence (Attached certificate)
- Consent for us to pass your information to an independent organisation for the purpose of registering you on to an MOJ preferred list.
- Update any personal information which may have changed. (Name, address, languages etc)
What will we do with your information?
As part of the contractual agreement, your details, evidence of qualifications and security clearance will be sent to an independent organisation who will audit the information before adding them to an approved list. This is the ONLY purpose for the passing of your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much will I get paid? This is yet to be finalised but the fee will reflect an attractive, sub contractor rate based upon the type of Job.
- How long will the appointments be? The average session is just short of 3 hours.
- What if I don’t have the necessary qualifications? Don’t worry, this agreement is due to last between 4-7 years and we are currently in negotiations to offer reduced rates on Community Interpreting and Level 6 DPSI courses. This information will be sent to you soon. If you are interested then please e-mail TheMOJrecruitment address with your query.
- What if I do not have the pre-requisite clearances or I think they may have gone out of date? We have a service set up with Bolton Council to provide DBS and DBS enhanced checks. We also provide BPSS clearance checks, which are available through our recruitment department and externally ratified. Please e-mail TheMOJrecruitment address for more information about the process, cost and time frame of these checks to be completed.
- What if I have the qualifications and / or the security clearances but cannot provide them right now? Do not worry, send us notifications of your qualifications and / or security clearance and we can organise receipt of the evidence at a later date.
- Which areas will I cover? The primary areas that we will be offering you jobs are in the North West (Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cheshire) and Yorkshire (Bradford, Doncaster, Sheffield, Leeds, Rotherham and Scunthorpe). However, We are looking to increase our coverage across the UK and have recruited in line with this desire so please forward your details even if you do not work in the above stated areas.